Hello Friends
We have marked the half way of our web skills course with the completion of week 5. This week has been such an exciting one for me as I have learned a number of new things. This week focuses on some of the most modern approaches of teaching and learning including project based learning and alternative assessments using rubrics and other tools. It also gave me a chance to practice some web based tools for designing my own lessons and assessments tools. I must say that, the most exciting task was to create a WebQuest for my learners using the Zunal website though it was an additional task. This was something that gave me a concrete example of what e-learning might involve. I also enjoyed the task of making rubric using the RUBISTAR tool. It was amazing to see how easy the task of making rubrics has been made to us by this wonderful tool.
I think this week has prepared me to a great extent to think positively about the possible uses of web resources for planning, designing my own resources for teaching and assessing my learners. There are only some logistic problems such as the internet is awfully slow in my country it and takes me hours to upload/download pages/pictures/videos from various useful sites. I hope this problem will be addressed very soon as my country is advancing towards better internet services in near future. However, the most encouraging part of activities such as project based or task based learning or alternative assessment is- they are so different from age old traditional reading and writing in the classroom. Now I am confident that my students will be motivated to take part actively, think creatively and critically to accomplish a task through collaborative team work and learn the target language in a more meaningful and purposeful way.
Thank you the course coordinator, the teachers and all my precious colleagues for making me familiar with all these innovative and interesting ways of teaching, learning and testing.
I look forward to encountering the new tasks in week 6.
Md Zulfeqar Haider
We have marked the half way of our web skills course with the completion of week 5. This week has been such an exciting one for me as I have learned a number of new things. This week focuses on some of the most modern approaches of teaching and learning including project based learning and alternative assessments using rubrics and other tools. It also gave me a chance to practice some web based tools for designing my own lessons and assessments tools. I must say that, the most exciting task was to create a WebQuest for my learners using the Zunal website though it was an additional task. This was something that gave me a concrete example of what e-learning might involve. I also enjoyed the task of making rubric using the RUBISTAR tool. It was amazing to see how easy the task of making rubrics has been made to us by this wonderful tool.
I think this week has prepared me to a great extent to think positively about the possible uses of web resources for planning, designing my own resources for teaching and assessing my learners. There are only some logistic problems such as the internet is awfully slow in my country it and takes me hours to upload/download pages/pictures/videos from various useful sites. I hope this problem will be addressed very soon as my country is advancing towards better internet services in near future. However, the most encouraging part of activities such as project based or task based learning or alternative assessment is- they are so different from age old traditional reading and writing in the classroom. Now I am confident that my students will be motivated to take part actively, think creatively and critically to accomplish a task through collaborative team work and learn the target language in a more meaningful and purposeful way.
Thank you the course coordinator, the teachers and all my precious colleagues for making me familiar with all these innovative and interesting ways of teaching, learning and testing.
I look forward to encountering the new tasks in week 6.
Md Zulfeqar Haider
Dear Haider,
ReplyDeleteI have gone through your blog and found that this week is really productive and informative for us because it focuses on the most modern approaches of teaching and learning including project based learning and alternative assessments using rubrics and other tools. It also gave me a chance to practice some web based tools for designing our own lessons and assessments tools, creating a WebQuest and making rubric using the RUBISTAR tool.
We learnt very good skills for using information, communication and technology in the EFL/ESL classroom.
Thanking you.
With Regards,
Mukti