Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 8: Reflection

Hello colleagues,
I am really so happy to come to the last day of week 8. This week has been quite an exciting one for us, specially due to the presence of our guest moderator Jeff. I have liked the great web learning system ANVILL and was pleased to have Jeff, the creator of this site.

I have found ANVILL as a very useful tool for digitization of our lessons. It offers many options such as voice board and forum. Now, we can think about developing an online teaching and learning platform in order to deliver our lessons and getting students engaged to work together among themselves as autonomous learners.

As for other tools we have tried this week, I must say they are all very practical, relevant and helpful. I used the web poster wizard and created my web work sheet for my students. This is so simple and quick! I have also used Hotpotatoes for creating tests quiz and then again crossword puzzles.... Al of them are quite useful and offer scopes for creating interesting, innovative and engaging learning resources.

What is more satisfying about those tools is-they are not there to help us to 'teach' our learners but also to get our learners to learn by themselves, to practice and use English at their own initiative, time and pace following the concept of learner autonomy. Once I have create a web page/poster with some links on it, our students can get busy exploring the contents on their own and possibly outside the classroom. To me this is the most exciting opportunity offered by all these tools and we must try our best to take advantage of these depending on our own logistic support/constraints.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Haider,

    I am glad to see that this week was very exciting and productive for you. I also enjoyed exploring the tools and websites we were provided for our weekly tasks. I completely agree with you that they are not only helpful for our teaching but they also enhance students' autonomous learning.

    I have seen your Web Poster Wizard Worksheet on our Wiki page and it looks great. Now we will be able to make interesting activities and materials for our students with less effort and time spent for that.

    Best regards,
    Izela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste And warm greeting Haider!!

    we learnt very important online tools in this week. ANVILL is really very interactive tools for EFL/ESL classroom. ANVILL may not only bring the authentic materials, it also provides us how to promote learner autonomy as well as how to integrate the materials. We are very much thankful for Jeff.

    Best Regards from NEPAL,
    Mukti

    ReplyDelete